Not only should you watch what you eat, but you should also pay attention to your digestion as well. What is the point of eating anything if you cannot digest it or metabolize it effectively? A poor digestion can lead to many illnesses ranging from constipation, to colds, to a weak immune system, and even heart disease and cancer.
Here are the top five tips according to Ayurveda to maintain and improve your digestion so that you can prevent the occurrence of any disease.
1) Never overeat. Only eat to about ¾ of your capacity. Eating to the point of ¾ will give you the sense of satisfaction, but not stuffed. If you are feeling stuffed, then you have overate.
2) Have a fresh slice of ginger before your meal. Having a slice of ginger will stimulate your digestion.
3) If you must drink liquids during your meal, have some hot water with lemon. The hot water with lemon will also stimulate digestion.
4) Sip hot water throughout the day. This will improve digestion and cleanse the channels of circulation.
5) Exercise! Exercising will stimulate digestion and enhance metabolism.
These are just a few simple tips that will improve your digestive power. It is important to be able to digest what you eat. I tell all of clients, “you can eat whatever you want, as long as you can effectively digest it.”
Happy digesting and metabolzing!